Magpies hit six to rise up table
In the Ridgeons Premier Division, Dereham rise two places to eighth after hitting Woodbridge for six with two in reply.The Magpies opened the scoring with a move started and finished by full-back Ollie Willis.
In the Ridgeons Premier Division Dereham rise two places to eighth in the table after hitting Woodbridge for six with two in reply.
The Magpies opened the scoring with a move started and finished by full-back Ollie Willis.
After making a run, he squared to Nicky Howell whose low drive was diverted by the keeper but only to Willis who netted from close range.
Dereham added a second when Daniel Buhlemann turned and struck an opportunistic 30-yard shot into the net. It was 3-0 when Stuart Williams headed down Danny Beaumont's corner and Adam Gusterson got the ball in the net.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Williams headed home a Beaumont corner and it soon became five.
Keeper John Higgs threw the ball out to Smith, he passed it wide to Willis before running into the box to fire home the return pass.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
The visitors pulled one back when Joshua Marcus slotted home but Dereham notched another when substitite Kenny Reeves flicked home Joel Brien's corner.
In an eventful finish to the match, Robbie Smythe coverted a penalty for Woodbridge to make the final score 6-2 to the Magpies.
Norwich United gained a comfortable 4-0 victory in a bottom-of-the-table clash with Wivenhoe to complete their first double of the season.
But it was marred by injury to midfielder Matty Robinson who suffered a broken fibia and dislocated ankle following a collision just before half time.
The Planters had struggled to break the deadlock during the first half and although Darren Coe had the ball in the net, it was disallowed.
After a 45-minute delay following Robinson's injury the Planters finished the first half on top.
Andrew Claydon played a lovely ball to Jordan Blyth who touched it into the path of Paul Atkins who hit a shot into the far top corner of the net. Norwich made it two when Blyth scored.
United made it three when a lovely move between Atkins, Claydon and Blyth ended with George Wilson scoring his first goal for the club.
Claydon completed the scoring in the final minute when he latched on to a long ball forward and drove it home.
In other results, Mildenhall brought back three points from a 2-0 win at Debenham LC while Ely visited Hadleigh and shared six goals.
Leaders CRC beat hosts Harwich and Parkeston 6-0, Haverhill were 2-0 victors over Stanway, Leiston hosted Newmarket and won 2-1 and Felixstowe & Walton gained a 2-1 win at Walsham-le-Willows.