Magpies on song
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1
THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham lost Craig Terrington to a knee injury after just 16 minutes, writes Ren� Kendal, his replacement Kenny Reeves.
After 22 minutes came the breakthrough when Scott Roberts put Danny Beaumont through to put Dereham in front.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham looked the more likely to score and Jay Eastoe-Smith touched home Beaumont's free-kick in time added onto the first half.
Stanway pulled a goal back on 52 minutes through Alan Clark who scored from the edge of the area, but were reduced to 10 men on the hour when Ross Norfolk received two yellow cards within five minutes of each other.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
The Magpies restored their two-goal advantage in the 80th minute when Nicky Howell guided home Beaumont's early cross. On Saturday, Dereham visit Wivenhoe.
At Debenham LC on Tuesday, Dereham lost 1-0.