Magpies on song
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1
THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham lost Craig Terrington to a knee injury after just 16 minutes, writes Ren� Kendal, his replacement Kenny Reeves.
After 22 minutes came the breakthrough when Scott Roberts put Danny Beaumont through to put Dereham in front.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham looked the more likely to score and Jay Eastoe-Smith touched home Beaumont's free-kick in time added onto the first half.
Stanway pulled a goal back on 52 minutes through Alan Clark who scored from the edge of the area, but were reduced to 10 men on the hour when Ross Norfolk received two yellow cards within five minutes of each other.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 6 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 7 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 8 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 9 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption
The Magpies restored their two-goal advantage in the 80th minute when Nicky Howell guided home Beaumont's early cross. On Saturday, Dereham visit Wivenhoe.
At Debenham LC on Tuesday, Dereham lost 1-0.