Magpies on song
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1
THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham lost Craig Terrington to a knee injury after just 16 minutes, writes Ren� Kendal, his replacement Kenny Reeves.
After 22 minutes came the breakthrough when Scott Roberts put Danny Beaumont through to put Dereham in front.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham looked the more likely to score and Jay Eastoe-Smith touched home Beaumont's free-kick in time added onto the first half.
Stanway pulled a goal back on 52 minutes through Alan Clark who scored from the edge of the area, but were reduced to 10 men on the hour when Ross Norfolk received two yellow cards within five minutes of each other.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
The Magpies restored their two-goal advantage in the 80th minute when Nicky Howell guided home Beaumont's early cross. On Saturday, Dereham visit Wivenhoe.
At Debenham LC on Tuesday, Dereham lost 1-0.