Magpies on song
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham Town 3, Stanway Rovers 1
THE Magpies reached the 50 league points mark with Saturday's home win after an opening in which neither keeper was troubled.
Dereham lost Craig Terrington to a knee injury after just 16 minutes, writes Ren� Kendal, his replacement Kenny Reeves.
After 22 minutes came the breakthrough when Scott Roberts put Danny Beaumont through to put Dereham in front.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham looked the more likely to score and Jay Eastoe-Smith touched home Beaumont's free-kick in time added onto the first half.
Stanway pulled a goal back on 52 minutes through Alan Clark who scored from the edge of the area, but were reduced to 10 men on the hour when Ross Norfolk received two yellow cards within five minutes of each other.
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 8 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 9 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 10 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
The Magpies restored their two-goal advantage in the 80th minute when Nicky Howell guided home Beaumont's early cross. On Saturday, Dereham visit Wivenhoe.
At Debenham LC on Tuesday, Dereham lost 1-0.