Dennis Man’s agent opens up on transfer frustrations
- Credit: PA
Dennis Man is a player in demand during this transfer window - with his agent Anamaria Prodan expressing her frustration at clubs being unwilling to match Steaua Bucharest’s valuation of the winger - including Norwich City.
The 21-year-old was a target for the Canaries, with sporting director Stuart Webber confirming that he had travelled to Romania to conduct talks with Steaua’s controversial owner Gigi Becali, who wants an offer of €15m for the highly-rated talent.
City moved onto other targets and have subsequently confirmed the additions of Polish winger Przemyslaw Placheta and Kieran Dowell on permanent deals.
The Canaries pursuit of Man is over, but Dutch giants Feyenoord are the latest club to take an interest in the winger. His agent has claimed that a move to Feyenoord Stadium would be a great stepping stone to English football.
“We are waiting, we will see. The club does not need money at all and we’re struggling to bring the money the club wants (for Man). I hope I can bring it. It would be a huge step forward if he got a transfer to Feyenoord,” Prodan told Romanian outlet DigiSport. “Every time I talk to Dennis, I tell him it’s an important step towards England. It (Feyenoord’s offer) was almost the amount offered by Norwich, we will probably return to that team (for talks).”
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Farke outlined the next phase of City’s transfer plans on Friday - stating that the club were seeking streetwise options to bolster their squad ahead of a promotion push in the Championship.
“We also need to have some proper experienced signings with a bit higher guarantee that they deliver on the top class level,” he said, in a wide-ranging interview on the club’s official site. “That’s what we are looking for regarding the financial possibilities we have and if they can help us in the mid and long term, we’re focused on that type of transfer.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 3 PROMOTION LIVE: City turn attentions to Bournemouth
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
“It’s brilliant to have these young lads with potential, but it won’t be enough to promote them. They have a great club in terms of trust, giving them time and a stage to develop.”