‘Thank goodness it’s over’ - City fans relieved Premier League has concluded
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s Premier League campaign hasn’t provided much joy for their supporters and relief will be the overriding emotion following the season’s conclusion.
The curtains fell on the 2019/20 season with a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of six-time Premier League champions Manchester City - with Kevin De Bruyne netting twice.
City had a goal ruled out in the opening exchanges when Onel Hernandez capitalised on a Marco Stiepermann pass before hitting a low drive past Ederson - only for VAR to rule that the Cuban was offside in the build up.
Gabriel Jesus gave Manchester City the lead 90 seconds later - a goal which the Canaries never recovered from.
Teemu Pukki had a golden opportunity to end his 14-game goal drought but saw his effort smothered by Ederson just before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the Canaries hand Jordan Thomas and Akin Famewo their Premier League debuts - as the planning for next season continues.
Watford and AFC Bournemouth will join City in the Championship next season after their relegations were confirmed on the final day of the season.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 4 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- Read the view of City supporters ahead and below