‘Thank goodness it’s over’ - City fans relieved Premier League has concluded
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s Premier League campaign hasn’t provided much joy for their supporters and relief will be the overriding emotion following the season’s conclusion.
The curtains fell on the 2019/20 season with a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of six-time Premier League champions Manchester City - with Kevin De Bruyne netting twice.
City had a goal ruled out in the opening exchanges when Onel Hernandez capitalised on a Marco Stiepermann pass before hitting a low drive past Ederson - only for VAR to rule that the Cuban was offside in the build up.
Gabriel Jesus gave Manchester City the lead 90 seconds later - a goal which the Canaries never recovered from.
Teemu Pukki had a golden opportunity to end his 14-game goal drought but saw his effort smothered by Ederson just before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the Canaries hand Jordan Thomas and Akin Famewo their Premier League debuts - as the planning for next season continues.
Watford and AFC Bournemouth will join City in the Championship next season after their relegations were confirmed on the final day of the season.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 3 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 4 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- Read the view of City supporters ahead and below