As if it wasn’t tough enough... Liverpool forward returns to training ahead of City clash
- Credit: PA
Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane has returned to training following a hamstring injury as the league leaders prepare to face Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday.
The Senegalese forward suffered the injury in the Reds 2-1 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers in January and is expected to be fully fit for Saturday's game. Whether Jurgen Klopp will deem him fit enough to start remains to be seen.
That injury saw him sidelined for Premier League fixtures against West Ham United and Southampton but he also missed Liverpool's FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury Town, where Klopp decided to field his under-23 side in a controversial decision.
James Milner, who has also been recovering from a hamstring injury, also trained at Melwood on Monday morning as he continues his rehabilitation.
Mane opted to remain in Liverpool for the entirety of the Premier League winter break as he continued to work on his fitness. The Senegal international has scored 11 goals in 22 games in the top-flight this season.
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool have established a 22 point lead over second-placed Manchester City as they search for their first Premier League title.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries