As if it wasn’t tough enough... Liverpool forward returns to training ahead of City clash
- Credit: PA
Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane has returned to training following a hamstring injury as the league leaders prepare to face Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday.
The Senegalese forward suffered the injury in the Reds 2-1 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers in January and is expected to be fully fit for Saturday's game. Whether Jurgen Klopp will deem him fit enough to start remains to be seen.
That injury saw him sidelined for Premier League fixtures against West Ham United and Southampton but he also missed Liverpool's FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury Town, where Klopp decided to field his under-23 side in a controversial decision.
James Milner, who has also been recovering from a hamstring injury, also trained at Melwood on Monday morning as he continues his rehabilitation.
Mane opted to remain in Liverpool for the entirety of the Premier League winter break as he continued to work on his fitness. The Senegal international has scored 11 goals in 22 games in the top-flight this season.
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool have established a 22 point lead over second-placed Manchester City as they search for their first Premier League title.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed