As if it wasn’t tough enough... Liverpool forward returns to training ahead of City clash
- Credit: PA
Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane has returned to training following a hamstring injury as the league leaders prepare to face Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday.
The Senegalese forward suffered the injury in the Reds 2-1 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers in January and is expected to be fully fit for Saturday's game. Whether Jurgen Klopp will deem him fit enough to start remains to be seen.
That injury saw him sidelined for Premier League fixtures against West Ham United and Southampton but he also missed Liverpool's FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury Town, where Klopp decided to field his under-23 side in a controversial decision.
James Milner, who has also been recovering from a hamstring injury, also trained at Melwood on Monday morning as he continues his rehabilitation.
Mane opted to remain in Liverpool for the entirety of the Premier League winter break as he continued to work on his fitness. The Senegal international has scored 11 goals in 22 games in the top-flight this season.
You may also want to watch:
Liverpool have established a 22 point lead over second-placed Manchester City as they search for their first Premier League title.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley