Another award nomination for Canaries star Buendia
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Canaries star Emi Buendia has been nominated for another award – this time for Sky Bet’s Championship goal of the month for March.
The Argentine’s winning goal against Swansea goes up against strikes by Jack Grealish for Aston Villa and Derby County’s Mason Bennett.
Buendia struck in the 54th minute, controlling Onel Hernandez’s cutback on his right foot before cracking a fearsome left-footed half volley beyond visiting goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt.
It was the only goal of the game and saw City move five points clear at the top of the table.
Grealish’s nomination is for Villa’s final goal in a 4-0 home thrashing of Midlands rivals Derby County when Glenn Whelan floated a deep corner with precision into the arc of the midfielder who volleyed home.
You may also want to watch:
Bennett’s goal was the equaliser in a 2-1 home win over Wigan when he flicked a volley with the instep of his foot and saw the ball loop into the top corner.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song