Another award nomination for Canaries star Buendia
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Canaries star Emi Buendia has been nominated for another award – this time for Sky Bet’s Championship goal of the month for March.
The Argentine’s winning goal against Swansea goes up against strikes by Jack Grealish for Aston Villa and Derby County’s Mason Bennett.
Buendia struck in the 54th minute, controlling Onel Hernandez’s cutback on his right foot before cracking a fearsome left-footed half volley beyond visiting goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt.
It was the only goal of the game and saw City move five points clear at the top of the table.
Grealish’s nomination is for Villa’s final goal in a 4-0 home thrashing of Midlands rivals Derby County when Glenn Whelan floated a deep corner with precision into the arc of the midfielder who volleyed home.
You may also want to watch:
Bennett’s goal was the equaliser in a 2-1 home win over Wigan when he flicked a volley with the instep of his foot and saw the ball loop into the top corner.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City