Marine 1, King's Lynn 1
King's Lynn grabbed a hard earned point at windswept Marine today in the Unibond Premier Division. Anthony Robinson's tenth goal of the campaign just after the interval looked to have secured the points until Tony Davies towering late header pegged Carl Heggs' side back.
King's Lynn grabbed a hard earned point at windswept Marine today in the Unibond Premier Division.
Anthony Robinson's tenth goal of the campaign just after the interval looked to have secured the points until Tony Davies towering late header pegged Carl Heggs' side back.
Neither outfit really did enough to shade a contest spoilt by the blustery conditions. Owen Story skied over from less than six yards before the interval but Danny Gay was grateful to see Stephen Johnson's close range strike cannon back off the inside of his right hand post in the second period.
Danny Spencer's cute free kick nearly embarrassed Tim Dittmer in the first half when it squirmed under Marine's four man wall but the home stopper clawed it away.
You may also want to watch:
Dittmer then parried Ben Muirhead's strike after Heggs made a nuisance of himself inside the Marine penalty box. Muirhead's snap header clipped the outside of Dittmer's post from 12 yards with Lynn beginning to push the hosts back in a decent first half spell.
Story should have opened Lynn's goal account from Muirhead's speculative cross before Robinson latched on to a hopeful through ball to nudge the visitors in front seconds after the restart.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
The Linnets looked to have weathered Marine's late spell with the wind at their backs but Davies towered above the visiting defence to crash home Stephen Brown's corner from close range.
t Marine: Dittmer, Callacher, Fowler, Davies, Jackson, Hussey, Brown (Crewe 65), Parle, Rainford (Rushton 81), Cumiskey, Johnson. Subs (not used): McMahon, Bell, Molyneux.
Goal: Davies (77)
t King's Lynn: Gay, Webb, Spencer, Palmer, Boyce, Rowe-Turner, Story, Magunda, Heggs (Appiah 64), Robinson, Muirhead. Subs (not used): Smith, Rose, McAnally.
Goal: Robinson (47)
t Stoppage time: 1 min / 3mins
t Referee: M Salisbury (Lancashire)
t Attendance: 286