Marine 1, King's Lynn 1
King's Lynn grabbed a hard earned point at windswept Marine today in the Unibond Premier Division. Anthony Robinson's tenth goal of the campaign just after the interval looked to have secured the points until Tony Davies towering late header pegged Carl Heggs' side back.
King's Lynn grabbed a hard earned point at windswept Marine today in the Unibond Premier Division.
Anthony Robinson's tenth goal of the campaign just after the interval looked to have secured the points until Tony Davies towering late header pegged Carl Heggs' side back.
Neither outfit really did enough to shade a contest spoilt by the blustery conditions. Owen Story skied over from less than six yards before the interval but Danny Gay was grateful to see Stephen Johnson's close range strike cannon back off the inside of his right hand post in the second period.
Danny Spencer's cute free kick nearly embarrassed Tim Dittmer in the first half when it squirmed under Marine's four man wall but the home stopper clawed it away.
You may also want to watch:
Dittmer then parried Ben Muirhead's strike after Heggs made a nuisance of himself inside the Marine penalty box. Muirhead's snap header clipped the outside of Dittmer's post from 12 yards with Lynn beginning to push the hosts back in a decent first half spell.
Story should have opened Lynn's goal account from Muirhead's speculative cross before Robinson latched on to a hopeful through ball to nudge the visitors in front seconds after the restart.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
The Linnets looked to have weathered Marine's late spell with the wind at their backs but Davies towered above the visiting defence to crash home Stephen Brown's corner from close range.
t Marine: Dittmer, Callacher, Fowler, Davies, Jackson, Hussey, Brown (Crewe 65), Parle, Rainford (Rushton 81), Cumiskey, Johnson. Subs (not used): McMahon, Bell, Molyneux.
Goal: Davies (77)
t King's Lynn: Gay, Webb, Spencer, Palmer, Boyce, Rowe-Turner, Story, Magunda, Heggs (Appiah 64), Robinson, Muirhead. Subs (not used): Smith, Rose, McAnally.
Goal: Robinson (47)
t Stoppage time: 1 min / 3mins
t Referee: M Salisbury (Lancashire)
t Attendance: 286