Marlborough are on fire as they close gap on leaders

Marlborough closed the gap at the top of the Premier Division after goals by Colin Wines (2) and Jason Armes gave them a 3-1 victory at leaders The Grove.

Lloyd Greening provided a late consolation for the home side.

Second-placed Acle Rangers are now a point behind The Grove after a single goal win at AFC Wanderers, but after beating Norwich Busmen easily last week Wymondham Rangers dropped points in the return game as Busmen held them to a 2-2 draw.

Matt Elwin (2) and Shaun Cann scored for Poringland Wanderers as they beat Silver Fox 3-2, whilst bottom side Norman Wanderers closed the gap on Costessey Sports after thumping them 6-1.

With 1A leaders Reepham Town on cup duty, Hellesdon took the chance to get closer at the top as they beat Eaton FC 3-1.

Third-placed Hainford YCOB suffered a surprise 4-0 home defeat to Windmill Wanderers, but there was good news for Horsford SC as they won 4-2 at Norman Wanderers. Aslacton beat Fiveways 2-0 and it’s well done to Rackheath Green Man who gained their first win of the season as they won 3-2 at Vale Longo.

Aylsham Sunday opened up a five-point gap at the top of 1B after winning 5-3 at Catton.

Most Read

The Otter missed the chance to draw level on points with 2A leaders The Castlegate as they were held to a 1-1 draw at fourth placed Upton.

Dussingdale Rovers remain third after hammering The Stores 10-3. Deopham’s poor run of form continued after goals by Ryan Hatch and Matt Seager (2), gave visitors Stoke FC a 3-1 victory.

Nick Weavers and Lloyd Douglas were on target for DCS Rapid as they twice came from behind to draw with The Griffen and Acle Wanderers continue to improve after winning 4-1 (Ricky Grimmer, Tom White, Shane Abel and Shane Briste) at River Garden.

A controversial goal two minutes from time by Dean Parfitt gave 2B leaders Rose Tavern victory over The Gordon. Oliver Bennison scored their other goal in a 2-1 win. Bayer FC continued their good season with a 3-1 win at Hethersett, whilst Spixworth stay in touch as they beat Wymondham Res 3-1.

Sprowston Royal Oak march on at the top of 3A as goals by Carl Wakefield (3), Josh Halliday and Liam Doyle gave them a 5-0 win at bottom side Heartsease Casuals.

Hockering completed a quick double over The Reindeer, beating them 3-1, while Wellington Pink Uns scored seven without reply against Caseys Cosmos. Sporting Longdale surprisingly lost ground as Temple Bar came from behind to win 2-1 thanks to two Vincent Cork goals and Hellesdon scored five without reply as they won at Newsman Celtic.

Congratulations to Heartsease FC, who made it back-to-back titles with a 3-0 win. Daniel Bruce (2) and Jamie Daynes grabbed the goals for the champions who were highly praised by their opponents Maid Marian.

For Maid Marian themselves, it was the end of a 10-match unbeaten run in their final game of the season. Moles Rest defeated Aylsham Sunday 5-1, a result that sees them finish as runners-up.

There is no let-up from the top two in 4A. Leaders New Buckenham had a 7-1 home win over Hockering Res while, despite only starting with 10 men, Riverside Rovers won 3-1 at Temples Property. Twenty three goals in their last two games have seen One Love Utd close the goal difference on leaders Briston down to one goal and three points as they walloped Wendene Wanderers 9-0. They also still have a game in hand. This really was a high scoring division this week. Salhouse Rovers scored five (Neil Woolner, Kel Haywood, Martin Woolner, Leroy Peters, and Jamie Weavers) as they beat Hethersett and also praised referee R Skeet on his performance.

Bell Inn hit six when winning at Dereham United, and there were two remarkable games in this division. Jon Roy, Tom Frost, Oliver Thompson, Oliver Sadd and Tristan Stoneman (2), all scored for Drayton as they drew 6-6 with Chapelfield Rovers. Will Tolliday scored a hat-trick for Eaton Beehive as they scored six of the eleven goals in their game with Spixworth Reserves.

In the remaining League Cup second round games, Dog House won 8-1 at North Walsham and Reepham Town beat St Faiths 5-3.