Marlborough maintain upper hand in top flight title race
It’s still all to play for at the top of the Evening News and Copy IT Norwich Sunday League Premier Division after this week’s round of matches produced victories for the top four.
Leaders Marlborough had a 3-0 (Brendon Burke 2, Colin Wines) home win over AFC Wanderers, whilst Dog House had a comfortable 7-1 victory over Costessey Sports.
Farin Deeba, Lloyd Greening and Sam Mallet all scored for The Grove as they won 3-2 at Wymondham Rangers. Acle Rangers scored five times at home to Norman Wanderers who managed three in reply.
Division 1A champions Reepham Town increased their lead at the top to 12 points after a 5-4 home win over North Walsham. A 4-0 victory at Sprowston Wanderers has seen Unicorns finish runners-up in Division 1B and they will now face Hellesdon Athletic in the play-off final this Sunday at Sloughbottom. St Faiths finished their disappointing end to the season with a 4-4 draw against Norfolk CCSC. Alex Williamson (2), Ben Morgan and Scott Woodcock scoring for the Council side. Sprowston Rovers completed their season beating Prince of Denmark 3-1.
It looks like the Division 2B title will go right to the wire. Rose Tavern failed to get the point they required for the title as they lost 1-0 at home to Bayer who now know that three wins from their last three games will see them finish the season as champions.
You may also want to watch:
In Division 4B, Neil Woolner 2, Kel Haywood 2, Jamie Weavers, Chris Newton and Bradley Nelson all scored as Salhouse Rovers beat Spixworth Reserves 7-5.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week