Marlborough maintain upper hand in top flight title race
It’s still all to play for at the top of the Evening News and Copy IT Norwich Sunday League Premier Division after this week’s round of matches produced victories for the top four.
Leaders Marlborough had a 3-0 (Brendon Burke 2, Colin Wines) home win over AFC Wanderers, whilst Dog House had a comfortable 7-1 victory over Costessey Sports.
Farin Deeba, Lloyd Greening and Sam Mallet all scored for The Grove as they won 3-2 at Wymondham Rangers. Acle Rangers scored five times at home to Norman Wanderers who managed three in reply.
Division 1A champions Reepham Town increased their lead at the top to 12 points after a 5-4 home win over North Walsham. A 4-0 victory at Sprowston Wanderers has seen Unicorns finish runners-up in Division 1B and they will now face Hellesdon Athletic in the play-off final this Sunday at Sloughbottom. St Faiths finished their disappointing end to the season with a 4-4 draw against Norfolk CCSC. Alex Williamson (2), Ben Morgan and Scott Woodcock scoring for the Council side. Sprowston Rovers completed their season beating Prince of Denmark 3-1.
It looks like the Division 2B title will go right to the wire. Rose Tavern failed to get the point they required for the title as they lost 1-0 at home to Bayer who now know that three wins from their last three games will see them finish the season as champions.
You may also want to watch:
In Division 4B, Neil Woolner 2, Kel Haywood 2, Jamie Weavers, Chris Newton and Bradley Nelson all scored as Salhouse Rovers beat Spixworth Reserves 7-5.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling