Marshall out for at least six weeks
DAVID CUFFLEY Goalkeeper David Marshall is likely to be out of action for at least six weeks after suffering an ankle injury in Norwich City's FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Saturday.
Goalkeeper David Marshall is likely to be out of action for at least six weeks after suffering an ankle injury in Norwich City's FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Saturday.
The on-loan Celtic keeper, pictured, was carried off in the early stages of the 4-0 reverse at Stamford Bridge and manager Peter Grant said today: “The X-ray was clear but that doesn't make it any better. He'll go for scans today.
“We think there is ligament damage and it doesn't look that great.
You may also want to watch:
“I would say the best we can hope for is maybe six weeks.”
Grant is staring at a long list of absentees for tomorrow night's Championship match at Preston.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 4 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
With Darren Huckerby and Dickson Etuhu both suspended for one match, midfielder Youssef Safri is also rated “very doubtful” because of tiredness.
Defender Jason Shackell has a sore heel but is expected to play, while winger Lee Croft and striker Chris Brown were both complaining of “tightness” but may well have to carry on because of the lack of numbers.
There was better news for Grant on winger Luke Chadwick, who is expected to resume full training next Monday after three months out with a knee injury.
Preston have their own injury worries. Striker Michael Ricketts could be out for several weeks after suffering a shoulder injury in yesterday's 3-1 FA Cup defeat at home to Manchester City.