Former City striker joins Hartlepool United
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Norwich City striker Mason Bloomfield has signed for National League side Hartlepool United after he was released from the club in May.
The 23-year-old spent last season on loan at League Two side Crawley Town - netting on four occasions in 24 appearances in all competitions.
The Canaries signed Bloomfield from Dagenham and Redbridge in 2018 and the striker has had three loan spells during his time at club. Brief spells with Scottish side Hamilton and AFC Fylde came before a productive spell at The Broadfield Stadium.
Hartlepool United boss Dave Challinor worked with Bloomfield at AFC Flyde, and is looking forward to linking up with the forward again at Victoria Park.
“Mason is a top player who I’ve worked with before, he was very unlucky with an arm injury when we had him at Fylde, he didn’t get the opportunity to show what he can do but I am excited for him,” he told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a physical lad who will hold the ball up well and link with other players and that’s exactly something you need in this league.”
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes