“Massive win, defended like lions” – Norwich City fans savour hard-fought 1-0 victory at Sheffield United
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have been enjoying the feeling of a rare away victory this afternoon – although there have been reports of trouble outside Bramall Lane after the game.
The Canaries beat Sheffield United 1-0 thanks to Yanic Wildschut’s strike in the 23rd minute, making it seven points from a possible nine since the international break.
That had been preceded by awful defeat at Aston Villa and Millwall, becoming the first City team to concede four goals in successive games in the second tier for the first time in 18 years.
However, the return of Timm Klose has helped bring three consecutive clean sheets as the early stages of Daniel Farke’s reign have moved back on track.
It was a feisty match though, with seven players booked in the second half and United manager Chris Wilder sent to the stands.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately there have since been claims from the travelling supporters of fights breaking out after the game, with police called to calm matters and reports of a City fan requiring medical treatment.
No official confirmation has yet been issued but it is not believed any serious injury has been suffered at this stage.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
• Take a look at some of the reaction above