RECAP: Norwich City 2 Arminia Bielefeld 2 – eventful start to pre-season for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The new season moved a step closer this afternoon as Norwich City played their first pre-season friendly, drawing 2-2 with Arminia Bielefeld during the early stages of their training camp in Germany.
It was the first action for Daniel Farke's team since wrapping up the Championship title with a 2-1 win at Aston Villa in early May, with this afternoon's friendly stepping up preparations for the Premier League.
The Canaries arrived in Germany on Friday and had already been working hard on the fitness front but shook off some cobwebs against Bundesliga II side Bielefeld at the 11,000 capacity Energieversum Stadion in Gutersloh, drawing 2-2
The Blues had already played three pre-season games and took an early lead but were reduced to 10 men in the 35th minute and then saw Norwich claim the lead before the break thanks to a fine Dennis Srbeny strike and a Josip Drmic penalty.
Bielefeld equalised in the 86th minute though, thanks to a fine strike from substitute Jomaine Consbruch - with City's thoughts focused on losing Ben Godfrey and Louis Thompson to injury during the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have been back in training since the start of the month and will remain in Germany until Saturday, with a game against Bundesliga side Schalke to follow on Friday (5.30pm UK time) in Lotte.
- You can catch up on the game as it unfolded above.
- Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our team in Germany
- 1 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 2 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 6 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 7 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?