RECAP: Norwich City 2 Arminia Bielefeld 2 – eventful start to pre-season for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The new season moved a step closer this afternoon as Norwich City played their first pre-season friendly, drawing 2-2 with Arminia Bielefeld during the early stages of their training camp in Germany.
It was the first action for Daniel Farke's team since wrapping up the Championship title with a 2-1 win at Aston Villa in early May, with this afternoon's friendly stepping up preparations for the Premier League.
The Canaries arrived in Germany on Friday and had already been working hard on the fitness front but shook off some cobwebs against Bundesliga II side Bielefeld at the 11,000 capacity Energieversum Stadion in Gutersloh, drawing 2-2
The Blues had already played three pre-season games and took an early lead but were reduced to 10 men in the 35th minute and then saw Norwich claim the lead before the break thanks to a fine Dennis Srbeny strike and a Josip Drmic penalty.
Bielefeld equalised in the 86th minute though, thanks to a fine strike from substitute Jomaine Consbruch - with City's thoughts focused on losing Ben Godfrey and Louis Thompson to injury during the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have been back in training since the start of the month and will remain in Germany until Saturday, with a game against Bundesliga side Schalke to follow on Friday (5.30pm UK time) in Lotte.
- You can catch up on the game as it unfolded above.
- Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our team in Germany
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat