MATCHDAY LIVE: Brentford 1 Norwich City 3 – Canaries seal Carabao Cup progress
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have secured their place in tomorrow night’s Carabao Cup fourth round draw with a 3-1 win at Brentford.
Two goals from Mario Vrancic, a penalty and a free-kick either side of a penalty miss for the hosts, was added to by Josh Murphy before a late consolation for the Bees.
The match was the fourth of a seven-game block in just 22 days ahead of the next international break, with a home league clash against Bristol City to follow on Saturday.
• Follow all the post-match reaction and analysis above
The Canaries had beaten two lower league teams at home in the competition so far, League Two side Swindon 3-2 in the first round and League One promotion hopefuls Charlton 4-1 in the second.
You may also want to watch:
Brentford were yet to win in the Championship this season, sitting third from bottom with four draws from eight games. The Bees won 3-1 at League One side AFC Wimbledon in the first round before a derby success in the second, winning 4-1 at QPR.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 7 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 8 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries