MATCHDAY: Cambridge Utd 0-2 Norwich City – injuries mar latest Canaries victory
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City’s final game before their pre-season tour to Germany, saw them take on their annual 120-minute friendly at League Two neighbours Cambridge United.
Our Canaries correspondents Michael Bailey and David Freezer were at Abbey Stadium to bring you all the action, speculation and talking points.
The big news before the game was signing number seven of the summer, German centre-back Marcel Franke – while a host of City players are set to get action, with goalkeeper Angus Gunn and skipper Russell Martin preparing for their first pre-season outing.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds above
The Canaries were 5-0 winners in their opening friendly at Cobh Ramblers on Wednesday evening, as part of their week-long training camp at Fota Island. The game was the first under new head coach Daniel Farke.
You may also want to watch:
City then picked up a 5-1 win at non-league Suffolk neighbours Lowestoft Town, before havign to make do with a 2-2 draw at League Two Stevenage, where they had led 2-0.
Next up for Norwich will be two friendlies during their pre-season tour in Germany, before games against League One Charlton and their sole Carrow Road friendly, when they host Premier League new boys Briggton.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed