MATCHDAY LIVE: Reading 1 Norwich City 2 – Canaries extend unbeaten run to seven games with fine win in Berkshire
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have extended their unbeaten run to seven matches in all competitions, thanks to a 2-1 win at Reading in front of the Sky Sports cameras at the Madejski Stadium.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the supporters’ coaches departing Norwich, all the way to Berkshire, to bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after this evening’s second-tier clash with Jaap Stam’s Royals.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
The Canaries went into the game unbeaten in six matches, as well as notching a club-record five successive clean sheets in the Championship.
City have also won the previous two away games 1-0 – at Sheffield United and last time out, at promotion hopefuls Middlesbrough.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s game is the last one before the latest international break.
City are not due to return to action following Saturday until October 14, when struggling Hull head to Carrow Road (3pm) – little more than a week before the first East Anglian derby of the season at Portman Road on Sunday, October 22 (12pm).
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 6 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.