MATCHDAY LIVE: City start season with cup loss at Luton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It’s just six weeks since Norwich City finished last season but today the Canaries are back in action - and you can follow all the League Cup updates, analysis and reaction from Luton with our reporters.
It’s an unusual start to the campaign as football continues to recover from the enforced three-month break earlier in the year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, with City being without 13 players because of international action.
Daniel Farke is also without Emi Buendia, who still has two games of a suspension to serve after a red card towards the end of last season, and has left Tom Trybull, Mo Leitner and Josip Drmic out of his pre-season preparations as the trio search for a new club.
However, with 13 arrivals since last season the Canaries have plenty of options for the first round tie, including summer signings Bali Mumba, Kieran Dowell and Jordan Hugill.
They will need academy goalkeeper Daniel Barden to make his debut though, with the Wales Under-19 international covering for the absence of Tim Krul and Michael McGovern.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all of the action from Kenilworth Road above
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit