MATCHDAY RECAP: City return to winning ways against Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Championship leaders Norwich City got back to winning ways this afternoon when they beat one of the division's in-form teams, Barnsley, 1-0 at Carrow Road.
The Canaries know they will still top the table at the end of the weekend whatever happens, as they sit three points clear of Brentford, whose home game against Bristol City was postponed due to the visitors being unable to get their players tested for Covid-19.
Defeat would mean Swansea could close the gap to just a point however, if they win at home against fifth-placed Watford - so victory for the Canaries would at least guarantee a four-point cushion for the time being.
Daniel Farke's team have only lost two of their last 18 matches but recently lost 1-0 at Watford on Boxing Day and were held to a 1-1 home draw by QPR on Tuesday.
Barnsley have won 10 of their opening 15 games under manager Valerien Ismael to move to eighth place and within three points of the play-off places.
However, the Tykes arrive without four players though, with midfielder Alex Mowatt and back-up goalkeeper Brad Collins testing positive for Covid-19 and attacking duo Conor Chaplin and George Miller having to isolate after being deemed as close contacts.
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from Carrow Road with our reporters in the live blog above
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries