MATCHDAY RECAP: Superb City dominate Birmingham in 1-0 victory
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City won back-to-back games for this first time since winning the Championship title in May 2019 when they took on Birmingham tonight - and you can follow all the action from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog.
The Canaries won 2-1 at Rotherham on Saturday thanks to an injury-time penalty from Jordan Hugill, having lost 1-0 to Bournemouth and Derby prior to the international break to move to within two points of the play-offs with five games played.
Next up for Daniel Farke’s team as they continue trying to shake off their Premier League relegation hangover, is the visit of Birmingam, who sit a point and five places behind City in 16th place.
The Blues, managed by former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka, lost their first game of the season when they were beaten 1-0 at home by Sheffield Wednesday.
Prior to that they had won 1-0 at home to last season’s play-off finalists Brentford during the opening weekend and drawn 0-0 at Swansea, 1-1 at home to Rotherham and 1-1 at Stoke.
You may also want to watch:
Birmingham haven’t beaten Norwich in their last five attempts, since a 3-0 win at St Andrew’s in August 2016, losing four of the last five meetings and last winning at Carrow in March 2002 - in seven attempts since that 1-0 win courtesy of a Stern John goal.
- You can follow all the action, analysis and reaction above
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day