Story of the match: Norwich City 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 1
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Pre-season came to a close for Norwich City this afternoon in a 1-1 draw with Premier League new boys Brighton & Hove Albion at Carrow Road.
German forward Pascal Gross opened the scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute but Marley Watkins thumped a shot in off the underside of the bar from the edge of the area four minutes before half-time to level the scores.
It means City finish pre-season unbeaten, having won six and drawn two of their eight friendly games, ahead of next Saturday’s Championship opener at Fulham.
Former Canaries boss Chris Hughton led the Seagulls to second place in the Championship last season to take the south-coast club back to the top flight for the first time since 1983.
Brighton still have games against Genoa and Atletico Madrid to come before their top-flight opener at home to Manchester City on August 12.
You may also want to watch:
New Canaries head coach Daniel Farke had so far enjoyed a 5-0 win over Cobh Ramblers in Ireland and a 5-1 win at local non-league side Lowestoft Town.
The pre-season challenge then stepped up against League Two teams, with a 2-2 draw at Stevenage, ahead of a 2-0 win at Cambridge United in a 120-minute fitness tune-up.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
A week-long camp in Germany included games against tier two clubs, beating MSV Duisburg 2-0 and Arminia Bielefeld 3-1, before returning to England and winning 2-0 at League One side Charlton Athletic on Tuesday night.
• Re-live the match as it unfolded above