Story of the match: Norwich City 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 1
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Pre-season came to a close for Norwich City this afternoon in a 1-1 draw with Premier League new boys Brighton & Hove Albion at Carrow Road.
German forward Pascal Gross opened the scoring for the visitors in the 21st minute but Marley Watkins thumped a shot in off the underside of the bar from the edge of the area four minutes before half-time to level the scores.
It means City finish pre-season unbeaten, having won six and drawn two of their eight friendly games, ahead of next Saturday’s Championship opener at Fulham.
Former Canaries boss Chris Hughton led the Seagulls to second place in the Championship last season to take the south-coast club back to the top flight for the first time since 1983.
Brighton still have games against Genoa and Atletico Madrid to come before their top-flight opener at home to Manchester City on August 12.
You may also want to watch:
New Canaries head coach Daniel Farke had so far enjoyed a 5-0 win over Cobh Ramblers in Ireland and a 5-1 win at local non-league side Lowestoft Town.
The pre-season challenge then stepped up against League Two teams, with a 2-2 draw at Stevenage, ahead of a 2-0 win at Cambridge United in a 120-minute fitness tune-up.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
A week-long camp in Germany included games against tier two clubs, beating MSV Duisburg 2-0 and Arminia Bielefeld 3-1, before returning to England and winning 2-0 at League One side Charlton Athletic on Tuesday night.
• Re-live the match as it unfolded above