MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 4 Charlton Athletic 1 – Canaries seal progress to Carabao Cup third round
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have moved into the third round of the Carabao Cup with a 4-1 win over League One side Charlton Athletic at Carrow Road.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries at Carrow Road to bring you all the action, speculation and talking points before, during and after tonight’s League Cup clash with the Addicks (7.45pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds above
The Canaries were feeling in a much better place following their 2-0 midweek victory over Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road, thanks to goals from Nelson Oliveira and Harrison Reed helped get their previous home defeat to Sunderland out of their system.
However, a 4-2 defeat at Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa hiked up the growing pains for Daniel Farke’s squad.
You may also want to watch:
And they have a few injuries to deal with tonight, with Nelson Oliveira among those set to miss out.
Following tonight’s cup clash, City travel to London to take on newly promoted Millwall in their last Championship game before the first international break of the season.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work