MATCHDAY RECAP: City get back on track against Stoke
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City reclaimed top spot in the Championship table with a 4-1 home win over Stoke City this afternoon.
A brace from top scorer Teemu Pukki and goals from star players Emi Buendia and Todd Cantwell ensured a bad concession during the second half wasn't crucial
After a 1-0 loss at Barnsley in the FA Cup fourth round, Daniel Farke's promotion hopefuls drew 0-0 at home to play-off contenders Middlesbrough and then also 0-0 at mid-table Millwall.
Losing 2-0 away to promotion rivals Swansea brought an end to a disappointing week, with Brentford subsequently winning two games to edge two points clear at the top, winning their game in hand 3-1 away to fifth-placed Reading on Wednesday.
The Canaries have reclaimed the lead today, with the Bees not in action until they host Barnsley on Sunday afternoon and Swansea's game at Sheffield Wednesday postponed.
Stoke arrived in Norfolk without a win in eight league matches, although six of those have been draws, keeping Michael O'Neill's team ninth and still in with a chance of finishing in the top six.
The Potters are unbeaten in nine away games, although just two of those have been wins. Only Millwall (14) have drawn more games than Stoke (12) in the Championship so far this season.
- 1 CHAMPIONS RECAP: City lift the Championship trophy at Oakwell
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-2 Championship finale against Barnsley
- 3 Tettey fights back the tears after emotional City farewell
- 4 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 5 'You cannot ask for a better goodbye' - Farke salutes departing City duo
- 6 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-2 Barnsley draw
- 8 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 9 Norwich City's title presentation in pictures
- 10 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- You can catch up on all the updates, analysis and reaction in the live blog above