MATCHDAY LIVE: Injury-hit Canaries shock champions Manchester City on famous Carrow Road night
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-ravaged Norwich City face the daunting task of taking on reigning Premier League champions Manchester City in a televised clash at Carrow Road this evening.
The Canaries' difficult start to the Premier League season continues with a clash against Pep Guardiola's superb team, who reached the semi-finals of the Champions League last season and who have lost just one of their last 28 games in all competitions.
City are without a host of injured players, including defenders Timm Klose, Christoph Zimmermann and Max Aarons, and have so far won one of the four top-flight games, beating Newcastle 3-2 at home.
The wealthy visitors, who have won the title in each of the past two seasons under former Barcelona boss Guardiola, haven't lost at Carrow Road since 2001 - when goals from Marc Libbra and Paul McVeigh earned the Canaries a 2-0 win.
That was in the second tier though and Manchester City has been totally changed as a club by their wealthy owners, winning four of their seven visits since that game including a 6-1 victory in April 2012.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction above
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short