MATCHDAY LIVE: Injury-hit Canaries shock champions Manchester City on famous Carrow Road night
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-ravaged Norwich City face the daunting task of taking on reigning Premier League champions Manchester City in a televised clash at Carrow Road this evening.
The Canaries' difficult start to the Premier League season continues with a clash against Pep Guardiola's superb team, who reached the semi-finals of the Champions League last season and who have lost just one of their last 28 games in all competitions.
City are without a host of injured players, including defenders Timm Klose, Christoph Zimmermann and Max Aarons, and have so far won one of the four top-flight games, beating Newcastle 3-2 at home.
The wealthy visitors, who have won the title in each of the past two seasons under former Barcelona boss Guardiola, haven't lost at Carrow Road since 2001 - when goals from Marc Libbra and Paul McVeigh earned the Canaries a 2-0 win.
That was in the second tier though and Manchester City has been totally changed as a club by their wealthy owners, winning four of their seven visits since that game including a 6-1 victory in April 2012.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction above
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries