MATCHDAY RECAP: Giroud header sinks resolute City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Olivier Giroud’s first-half header saw Norwich City fall to a record eighth consecutive league defeat - and you can recap the action through our matchday blog.
The Canaries relegation was confirmed with a 4-0 thrashing by West Ham United at the weekend - a record setting fifth demotion since the Premier League formed in 1992.
City travel to Champions League chasing Chelsea in the hope of producing a performance which can extract some positivity and momentum as they begin to focus on preparations for another Championship campaign.
Frank Lampard’s side will be hoping to bounce back from a 3-0 defeat to Sheffield United on Saturday ahead of a decisive week of fixtures that will see them face Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers in their quest for continental qualification.
The reverse fixture last August saw Lampard record his first top-flight victory as Chelsea boss, with the Blues conquering City 3-2 at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
There was a vibrancy about City’s display in that fixture, something that has subsequently faded, with the Canaries struggling to score at one end and keeping out goals at the other.
- You can recap all the action from before, during and after the match above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 10 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup