MATCHDAY RECAP: Giroud header sinks resolute City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Olivier Giroud’s first-half header saw Norwich City fall to a record eighth consecutive league defeat - and you can recap the action through our matchday blog.
The Canaries relegation was confirmed with a 4-0 thrashing by West Ham United at the weekend - a record setting fifth demotion since the Premier League formed in 1992.
City travel to Champions League chasing Chelsea in the hope of producing a performance which can extract some positivity and momentum as they begin to focus on preparations for another Championship campaign.
Frank Lampard’s side will be hoping to bounce back from a 3-0 defeat to Sheffield United on Saturday ahead of a decisive week of fixtures that will see them face Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers in their quest for continental qualification.
The reverse fixture last August saw Lampard record his first top-flight victory as Chelsea boss, with the Blues conquering City 3-2 at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
There was a vibrancy about City’s display in that fixture, something that has subsequently faded, with the Canaries struggling to score at one end and keeping out goals at the other.
- You can recap all the action from before, during and after the match above
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 6 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 8 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby
- 9 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams