MATCHDAY: Stevenage 2-2 Norwich City – League Two pre-season challenge for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City stepped up their pre-season preparations with a first friendly against professional opposition, as they visited League Two Stevenage.
Our Canaries correspondents Michael Bailey and Paddy Davitt were at Broadhall Way to bring you all the action, speculation and talking points.
The big news before the game was the departure of first-team coach Frankie McAvoy, as well as the signing of Middlesbrough left-back James Husband.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds above
The Canaries were 5-0 winners in their opening friendly at Cobh Ramblers on Wednesday evening, as part of their week-long training camp at Fota Island. The game was the first under new head coach Daniel Farke.
You may also want to watch:
City then picked up a 5-1 win at non-league Suffolk neighbours Lowestoft Town. They continue their pre-season fixtures with a trip to another League Two side Cambridge United on Saturday, before their week-long tour to Germany.
MORE: Stuart Webber lays down the law following the exits of want-away stars Jonny Howson and Graham Dorrans
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 7 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill