MATCHDAY RECAP: City beaten by Watford despite improved performance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City travel to Watford in search for their first points and goal since the Premier League restart - and our reporters will be at Vicarage Road to bring you all the updates, analysis and reaction.
The Canaries all but sealed their fate with a 1-0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion at Carrow Road on Saturday, with Leandro Trossard’s first half strike extending City’s run of consecutive defeats to five top-flight matches.
Daniel Farke’s men were also denied an FA Cup quarter-final by Manchester United - who beat City 2-1 after extra-time to prolong the Canaries agony since the restart of the Premier League.
That goal, their only since the restart, was scored by Todd Cantwell, but a hamstring injury rules the 22-year-old out of contention for tonight’s clash with relegation-threatened Watford.
The Hornets come into the fixture on the back of three straight losses after Nigel Pearson had seemed to arrest the bad run of form that saw last year’s FA Cup finalists fall into the relegation zone.
You may also want to watch:
Watford’s last victory came against the newly crowned champions Liverpool back in February, with the Hornets shocking world football by producing an excellent performance and winning 3-0.
Farke all but admitted the Canaries survival hopes had evaporated after their loss at the weekend but City’s supporters will be still hoping to see a positive performance as they begin to turn their attentions to next season.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- You can recap all the action from before, during and after the match above