MATCHDAY RECAP: City beaten by Watford despite improved performance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City travel to Watford in search for their first points and goal since the Premier League restart - and our reporters will be at Vicarage Road to bring you all the updates, analysis and reaction.
The Canaries all but sealed their fate with a 1-0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion at Carrow Road on Saturday, with Leandro Trossard’s first half strike extending City’s run of consecutive defeats to five top-flight matches.
Daniel Farke’s men were also denied an FA Cup quarter-final by Manchester United - who beat City 2-1 after extra-time to prolong the Canaries agony since the restart of the Premier League.
That goal, their only since the restart, was scored by Todd Cantwell, but a hamstring injury rules the 22-year-old out of contention for tonight’s clash with relegation-threatened Watford.
The Hornets come into the fixture on the back of three straight losses after Nigel Pearson had seemed to arrest the bad run of form that saw last year’s FA Cup finalists fall into the relegation zone.
You may also want to watch:
Watford’s last victory came against the newly crowned champions Liverpool back in February, with the Hornets shocking world football by producing an excellent performance and winning 3-0.
Farke all but admitted the Canaries survival hopes had evaporated after their loss at the weekend but City’s supporters will be still hoping to see a positive performance as they begin to turn their attentions to next season.
- 1 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 2 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 6 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 7 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
- You can recap all the action from before, during and after the match above