Position: Central midfielder
Born: Norwich (Nov 8, 1980)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 11st, 10lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2009
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
- 10 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
Signed from: Exeter City, Bosman free transfer
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Col Utd H (Aug 8, 2009)
Former clubs: Peterborough United, Notts County, Exeter City
Peterborough (97-04): 133 starts, plus 34 as sub, 5 goals.
Notts County (04-06): 53 starts, plus 13 as sub, 0 goals.
Exeter City (06-09): 161 starts, plus 3 as sub, 14 goals.
Total: 347 starts, plus 50 as sub, 19 goals.
Norwich-born midfielder Matt Gill became the club's first summer signing when he agreed to join the Canaries from League One rivals Exeter City on June 9. A competitive midfielder, Gill's contract at St James' Park was due to expire at the end of June and he officially joined Norwich City on July 1, signing a two-year deal.
Gill helped Exeter win back-to-back promotions in the last two seasons as the Devon club progressed from non-league to Coca-Cola League One. He made a total of 164 appearances in all competitions for the Grecians, scoring 14 goals. After his success with Exeter, Gill brings his winning mentality to the City dressing room.