Position: Central midfielder
Born: Norwich (Nov 8, 1980)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 11st, 10lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2009
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 4 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 5 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 6 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 7 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 8 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 9 'There's more to come' - Gilmour reflects on start to life at Norwich
- 10 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
Signed from: Exeter City, Bosman free transfer
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Col Utd H (Aug 8, 2009)
Former clubs: Peterborough United, Notts County, Exeter City
Peterborough (97-04): 133 starts, plus 34 as sub, 5 goals.
Notts County (04-06): 53 starts, plus 13 as sub, 0 goals.
Exeter City (06-09): 161 starts, plus 3 as sub, 14 goals.
Total: 347 starts, plus 50 as sub, 19 goals.
Norwich-born midfielder Matt Gill became the club's first summer signing when he agreed to join the Canaries from League One rivals Exeter City on June 9. A competitive midfielder, Gill's contract at St James' Park was due to expire at the end of June and he officially joined Norwich City on July 1, signing a two-year deal.
Gill helped Exeter win back-to-back promotions in the last two seasons as the Devon club progressed from non-league to Coca-Cola League One. He made a total of 164 appearances in all competitions for the Grecians, scoring 14 goals. After his success with Exeter, Gill brings his winning mentality to the City dressing room.