Mattishall turn form book upside down
Anglian Combination: Mattishall stunned Premier Division leaders Wroxham Reserves by coming away from Trafford Park with a 2-1 win.Following 5-1 and 6-0 defeats in their previous two games, Mattishall faced a Wroxham side including Damian Hilton, who last week resigned as the first team's player/manager.
Mattishall stunned Premier Division leaders Wroxham Reserves by coming away from Trafford Park with a 2-1 win.
Following 5-1 and 6-0 defeats in their previous two games, Mattishall faced a Wroxham side including Damian Hilton, who last week resigned as the first team's player/manager.
But goals from Reece Langley and Stephen Jones ensured Mattishall's win, with Ben Morgan finding the target for Wroxham.
Cromer drew level on points at the top, following their 2-1 success at Halvergate. David Harwood and Dale Cooper scored for Cromer and Lee Knell was Halvergate's goalscorer.
You may also want to watch:
Third-placed Acle crushed lowly Beccles 4-1 with goals from Chris Holmes, Peter Nobbs, Gavin Brown and Gary Ingram, while Anthony Martin replied for Beccles.
Hempnall have slipped to fourth after a 5-1 thrashing at Dersingham. Paul English, Cameron Copeland, Colin Frary, Nelson Modeira and an own goal made up the home side's tally, with Hempnall registering through an own goal.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
Just two points separate the top seven sides and Blofield remain in the thick of the battle for supremacy having seen off Lowestoft Town Reserves 4-1, with goals from Neil Maguire, Jordan Morley and two own goals.
North Walsham are seventh after their 2-1 home victory at the expense of Brandon Town. Jon Blofeld and Dale Wilton got the hosts' goals, with Stephen Tuck on target for Brandon.
Norwich Union edged past bottom side Hindringham 4-3. Lee Cosgrove, Ben Soanes, Sean Brown and Jonathan Barzey hit the net for Union, while a Mark Betts double and Carlos Greeves accounted for Hindringham's goals.
Sheringham and Sprowston battled out a 1-1 draw, Roy Bevis netting for Sheringham and Shane Whiley striking for Sprowston.
Watton United are three points clear at the head of Division One, goals from Liam Campbell, Paul Nichols and Ben Lomas sealing a 3-0 win over Sole Bay.
At the bottom, it was another painful day for Fakenham Reserves, as they lost 6-1 at home to Wymondham. The visitors' goals came from James McCloy (2), Stuart Catchpole (2), James Pipe and an own goal, while James Batchelor netted a consolation for the hosts.