City duo named in England U21 squad
- Credit: Archant
Max Aarons and on-loan midfielder Ollie Skipp have been named in Aidy Boothroyd’s latest England Under-21 squad for games against Andorra and Albania later this month.
The pair have been selected for the matches, both of which will take place at Molineux. City midfielder Todd Cantwell has once again been left out along with Canaries record sale Ben Godfrey, who is injured.
The Young Lions have already won their group and have qualified for the U21 European Championship, meaning these games are effectively dead rubbers for Boothroyd’s men.
Aarons and Skipp will be looking to add to their tallies of international caps at U21 level by featuring in both matches, the first of which is against Andorra on Friday, November 13 (7.45pm ko).
England’s youngsters will then face Albania on Tuesday, November 17 (7.45pm ko).
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on the fixtures, Boothroyd said: “The fact that we qualified with two games to go is a real credit to the players and the staff. It means we can give one or two people a rest and we can introduce one or two people who have been doing well, like Jamal Musiala. If you look at the likes of Jamal and Curtis Jones, then it shows how much talent we have available and the depth of the squad.
“When it comes round to March we’ll be in a different place, some players will be in form, others out of form and some players who’ve found themselves out of the squad, will find themselves in the squad because of their form for their club team. So our squad is getting deeper and deeper, and it’s a matter of picking the right players in the right spots and hoping that we steer clear of injury, which has dogged us over the last couple of Championships.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can City extend their lead at the top of the table with victory over Luton Town?
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 8 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City loan watch: Sinani on target and Morris scores for MK Dons in midweek fixtures
“We’ve got about eight to nine players who are just going to miss out on this one because of injuries, including Ben Godfrey and Tom Davies, which is a shame.
“This camp gives me the opportunity to meet and get to know some of the other players that I haven’t known before and to find out if they are ready to get a seat on the plane.”