City duo named in England U21 squad
- Credit: Archant
Max Aarons and on-loan midfielder Ollie Skipp have been named in Aidy Boothroyd’s latest England Under-21 squad for games against Andorra and Albania later this month.
The pair have been selected for the matches, both of which will take place at Molineux. City midfielder Todd Cantwell has once again been left out along with Canaries record sale Ben Godfrey, who is injured.
The Young Lions have already won their group and have qualified for the U21 European Championship, meaning these games are effectively dead rubbers for Boothroyd’s men.
Aarons and Skipp will be looking to add to their tallies of international caps at U21 level by featuring in both matches, the first of which is against Andorra on Friday, November 13 (7.45pm ko).
England’s youngsters will then face Albania on Tuesday, November 17 (7.45pm ko).
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on the fixtures, Boothroyd said: “The fact that we qualified with two games to go is a real credit to the players and the staff. It means we can give one or two people a rest and we can introduce one or two people who have been doing well, like Jamal Musiala. If you look at the likes of Jamal and Curtis Jones, then it shows how much talent we have available and the depth of the squad.
“When it comes round to March we’ll be in a different place, some players will be in form, others out of form and some players who’ve found themselves out of the squad, will find themselves in the squad because of their form for their club team. So our squad is getting deeper and deeper, and it’s a matter of picking the right players in the right spots and hoping that we steer clear of injury, which has dogged us over the last couple of Championships.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
“We’ve got about eight to nine players who are just going to miss out on this one because of injuries, including Ben Godfrey and Tom Davies, which is a shame.
“This camp gives me the opportunity to meet and get to know some of the other players that I haven’t known before and to find out if they are ready to get a seat on the plane.”