City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City star Max Aarons has reportedly been told he is free to leave the club this summer for the right price, with Champions League-chasing West Ham interested in the 21-year-old.
Aarons has been a key man in the Canaries' promotion to the Premier League and has been the subject of bids from Barcelona and Roma in the last two transfer windows.
A report from the Press Association's Nick Mashiter states that City are set to demand £30million for their academy graduate, who was apparently told last summer he could leave this year after deciding to stay at Carrow Road.
City boss Daniel Farke praised the youngster for his maturity and positive attitude despite interest from elsewhere.
Aarons is keen to stay in the south of England in a blow for Everton, who are believed to hold an interest in the England U21 international.
Tottenham, who recently dispensed with boss Jose Mourinho, also have a 'long-held' admiration of the right-back, who is contracted to the club until 2024.
According to the report, City are keen to retain his services in the Premier League, but will stick to their word should an offer arise that is deemed acceptable. Aarons has developed at a rapid rate since his senior debut in 2018 and is now considered one of the hottest young talents in the country.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 2 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 3 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 4 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 5 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 6 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 7 Pukki injury emphasises Norwich City’s need for another striker
- 8 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 9 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 10 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
David Moyes wants to move the Hammers forward with European qualification looking inevitable and City's right-back has been targetted to improve their squad.
Delia Smith tipped Aarons to reach 'the top' of the game but conceded that wouldn't arrive at Norwich. The Canaries are braced to lose the former Luton youngster at some stage, with sporting director Stuart Webber stating the club have plans in place when their stars eventually leave the club.
Emi Buendia is also expected to attract interest from elsewhere in the next window after being linked with Arsenal in January.
City are also keen to offload banished trio Moritz Leitner, Tom Trybull and Josip Drmic this summer. The latter is, according to the PA report, set to see his wages increase after promotion, with the Swiss international set to earn 'around £50,000'.
The club continues to suffer a financial hit on Leitner, who is training away from the club and isn't apart of the plans moving forward.
Timm Klose remains out of the plans having spent the season on loan at boyhood club FC Basel, with the Swiss giants possessing an option to buy the experienced defender.