McAuley’s late strike seals vital win for Lowestoft Town
- Credit: Archant
A late goal by defender Rory McAuley proved the perfect pick-me-up for ailing Lowestoft Town.
McAuley got the slightest of touches with his head to Harvey Hodd’s excellent ball into the area to beat former Blues keeper Jake Jessop and earn Ady Gallagher’s injury-hit team the points.
Jake Reed almost gave Lowestoft the perfect start but saw his effort hit a post.
Lowestoft were full of attacking intent, with Thurrock hardly able to get out of their own half.
But there was soon a reminder of the danger when keeper Ben Dudzinski was forced to save well from a Leon Antoine strike.
You may also want to watch:
Dudzinski then saved from Dennis Oli before producing a brilliant point-blank range stop to deny Ronnie Winn.
Lowestoft almost took the lead on the stroke of half-time when Harry Barker’s low cross just evaded Jake Reed, with Jacek Zielonka forcing a save out of the keeper, but Lowestoft had to wait until the 83rd minute for McAuley to wrap up a valuable win.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 5 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 8 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 9 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat