City loanee McCallum nominated for League One player of the month award
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Sam McCallum has been nominated for the League One PFA Player of the Month Award.
The 19-year-old's performances have gained recognition after he impressed for Coventry City.
The Sky Blues have started 2020 unbeaten, with results including a 4-1 victory over Tranmere Rovers and they also came from behind to beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 on Saturday.
McCallum has been an ever-present member of ex-City striker and Coventry boss Mark Robins' squad throughout January, with his contribution at left-back catching the eye.
He scored once in January, netting a thunderous half-volley against Russell Martin's MK Dons at St Andrews. Fellow City loanee Carlton Morris scored the equaliser for Martin's men in that fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City swooped to sign the youngster and reportedly beat off competition from a plethora of clubs to secure his signature on Deadline Day.
McCallum was a graduate of the Jamie Vardy academy designed to provide non-league players with a chance to impress the scouts of professional clubs.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
The Sky Blues picked up McCallum from Kent-based side Herne Bay and the full-back has emerged as Robins first-choice left-back this season.
Peterborough's prolific goalscorer Ivan Toney and Sunderland winger Sean Maguire are among the others to be nominated.