City loanee McCallum nominated for League One player of the month award
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Sam McCallum has been nominated for the League One PFA Player of the Month Award.
The 19-year-old's performances have gained recognition after he impressed for Coventry City.
The Sky Blues have started 2020 unbeaten, with results including a 4-1 victory over Tranmere Rovers and they also came from behind to beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 on Saturday.
McCallum has been an ever-present member of ex-City striker and Coventry boss Mark Robins' squad throughout January, with his contribution at left-back catching the eye.
He scored once in January, netting a thunderous half-volley against Russell Martin's MK Dons at St Andrews. Fellow City loanee Carlton Morris scored the equaliser for Martin's men in that fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City swooped to sign the youngster and reportedly beat off competition from a plethora of clubs to secure his signature on Deadline Day.
McCallum was a graduate of the Jamie Vardy academy designed to provide non-league players with a chance to impress the scouts of professional clubs.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
The Sky Blues picked up McCallum from Kent-based side Herne Bay and the full-back has emerged as Robins first-choice left-back this season.
Peterborough's prolific goalscorer Ivan Toney and Sunderland winger Sean Maguire are among the others to be nominated.