McGhee waits for decision on Lappin
Michael Bailey Motherwell manager Mark McGhee is waiting on Simon Lappin to decide where he wants to go.
Motherwell manager Mark McGhee is waiting on Simon Lappin to decide where he wants to go.
The Scottish left-footer scored two goals in 15 appearances for Well, who finished third in the SPL and will play in the Uefa Cup next season.
“Simon Lappin is someone who wants to go back to Norwich and see where he stands,” said McGhee, when quizzed about whether the 25-year-old would become a permanent fixture at Fir Park.
You may also want to watch:
Lappin is set for talks with City manager Glenn Roeder over the coming weeks and while he has always wanted to stay and fight for a regular place at Norwich, a move back to Scotland to rejoin McGhee on a permanent basis may be on the cards if Roeder does not rate the former St Mirren midfielder.
Lappin made a positive impact at Motherwell during the second half of the season, most notably scoring the only goal in Motherwell's 1-0 win against eventual champions Celtic at Parkhead.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 PROMOTION LIVE: City turn attentions to Bournemouth
- 6 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success