Have Norwich City got the new Pirlo on their hands?
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s Kenny McLean has been tipped to be the new Andrea Pirlo.
The flattering comparison to the former Italy, AC Milan and Juventus star comes from former St Mirren manager Danny Lennon after McLean's performances for Scotland against Cyprus and Belgium in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
"Kenny is elegant and pleasing on the eye and I actually see him in a role like Pirlo, he moved back into area and that's the range of passing Kenny has," said Lennon, who gave McLean his St Mirren debut in 2010.
"And that was him up against the likes of De Bruyne, guys at the top level.
"He's matured and his range of passing is fantastic, I thought he also controlled the game in the San Marino match; and a lot of his passes were 10, 15 yards, he was playing people in and then going for that longer one. He is a really intelligent player.
You may also want to watch:
"Kenny can do a bit of both, he can play in that deeper role but he can also go beyond because he's got a terrific engine."
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead