Have Norwich City got the new Pirlo on their hands?
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s Kenny McLean has been tipped to be the new Andrea Pirlo.
The flattering comparison to the former Italy, AC Milan and Juventus star comes from former St Mirren manager Danny Lennon after McLean's performances for Scotland against Cyprus and Belgium in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
"Kenny is elegant and pleasing on the eye and I actually see him in a role like Pirlo, he moved back into area and that's the range of passing Kenny has," said Lennon, who gave McLean his St Mirren debut in 2010.
"And that was him up against the likes of De Bruyne, guys at the top level.
"He's matured and his range of passing is fantastic, I thought he also controlled the game in the San Marino match; and a lot of his passes were 10, 15 yards, he was playing people in and then going for that longer one. He is a really intelligent player.
You may also want to watch:
"Kenny can do a bit of both, he can play in that deeper role but he can also go beyond because he's got a terrific engine."
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: City turn attentions to Bournemouth
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression