‘It’s been an excellent summer’ – McLean says City stars are keen to crack on with pre-season
- Credit: David Freezer/Archant
Midfield duo Kenny McLean and Alex Tettey modelled Norwich City’s new home kit and met supporters following the launch of the Canaries’ strip for the new season.
The home kit was unveiled and put on sale at 9am today and was worn by McLean and Tettey during an event held at Jarrold Intersport in Norwich city centre this afternoon.
Scotland international McLean said: "This is the first time I've seen it, I quite like it, I don't know what the fans' reaction has been but I like it.
"It's just about comfort for us but it's always good if it looks good, which it does, so I'm sure if we feel good then we'll play well.
"This morning it got released and all the boys were looking at it in the changing room and said that they like it, all three kits to be fair, and it's a positive if the fans like it as well because they're the ones who are going to come and buy it."
McLean took on cult hero status when he wore the Lord Mayor of Norwich's hat during a civic reception at City Hall to celebrate Daniel Farke's team winning the Championship title.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old former Aberdeen midfielder played a key role in the second half of the season after overcoming ankle ligament damage and enjoyed some time on holiday but also played two Euro 2020 qualifying games with Scotland in early June, playing all of a 2-1 home win over Cyprus and a 3-0 loss in Belgium.
He continued: "It's been good, everybody has just appreciated what the boys have done, there was just a togetherness last season throughout the whole city and I think it really showed.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 7 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
"The celebrations were excellent and the boys really enjoyed it - I did, a lot. Fans come up to you and they speak away at you and it's brilliant to get that recognition for what we did.
"It's been an excellent summer but there's plenty of work to do now. I think you need it after a long season because you need to be professional during the season, you don't get that chance to do what we did at the end of the season.
"You work for 10 or 11 months of the year and then you've got your six or eight weeks off so I think that is the right time to enjoy yourself and let your hair down.
"We obviously had the perfect opportunity, with the season that we had, to enjoy it a bit more - but as I say, the hard work has started."
- Watch a video of McLean's interview at the kit launch above and see more photos below