McNamee is focused on promotion
Winger Anthony McNamee is convinced he made the right move by joining Milton Keynes Dons on a free transfer from Norwich City.
McNamee, 28, completed the move late on deadline day and made his debut as a late substitute in the 3-1 win at Carlisle on Saturday.
He featured in the Canaries’ back-to-back promotions, making 37 senior appearances, and believes the Dons, who won 4-0 at Carrow Road in the Carling Cup last month, are capable of achieving something similar.
He told the club’s official website: “I think we’ve got a very good chance, especially with the players I’ve seen so far and from watching the game on Saturday.
“If you look at MK Dons, the stadium and the facillities, then you can see that League One is just the league. It’s a Championship club, all we’ve got to do is get there.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I looked at the league table before I came. And to beat Norwich 4-0 you must be a decent team, whatever side they put out.”
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion