McNamee is focused on promotion
Winger Anthony McNamee is convinced he made the right move by joining Milton Keynes Dons on a free transfer from Norwich City.
McNamee, 28, completed the move late on deadline day and made his debut as a late substitute in the 3-1 win at Carlisle on Saturday.
He featured in the Canaries’ back-to-back promotions, making 37 senior appearances, and believes the Dons, who won 4-0 at Carrow Road in the Carling Cup last month, are capable of achieving something similar.
He told the club’s official website: “I think we’ve got a very good chance, especially with the players I’ve seen so far and from watching the game on Saturday.
“If you look at MK Dons, the stadium and the facillities, then you can see that League One is just the league. It’s a Championship club, all we’ve got to do is get there.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I looked at the league table before I came. And to beat Norwich 4-0 you must be a decent team, whatever side they put out.”
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City