McNamee is worth more, City warned
Norwich City have been told they will not get their hands on Swindon winger Anthony McNamee unless they make a better offer.Manager Paul Lambert was reported to have tried to sign the 26-year-old before the transfer window closed last week.
Norwich City have been told they will not get their hands on Swindon winger Anthony McNamee unless they make a better offer.
Manager Paul Lambert was reported to have tried to sign the 26-year-old before the transfer window closed last week.
But Swindon boss Danny Wilson has warned City that McNamee will not leave the County Ground unless they meet his valuation of the player.
The highly-rated winger joined Swindon from Watford in January 2008 and Wilson is keen to keep him.
You may also want to watch:
He told BBC Wiltshire: “He's not going anywhere, unless Norwich come in with a bid we feel is equal to our valuation.”
Any permanent deal must wait until the window opens again in January, but Lambert's reported interest raises questions over his opinion of the wide players he inherited from former boss Bryan Gunn.
- 1 PRESSER: City v Watford - Sorensen and Lees-Melou winning fitness race; trio out
- 2 Impassioned Farke lays into City critics
- 3 'Scary' Hugill giving West Brom edge in the Championship
- 4 Pukki must adapt to the new post-Emi reality
- 5 Robin Sainty: Normann could solve City's weak points
- 6 City boss dismisses Hornets' hype
- 7 David Freezer: City’s boss is immersed in a high-stakes poker game
- 8 'What a night' - City winger makes his Boro loan impact
- 9 Canaries confirm Covid status checks are 'purely for research purposes'
- 10 Watford challenge returns as City bid to end losing streaks
Simon Lappin and Paul McVeigh currently occupy the wide midfield roles in the first team, while Simon Whaley and Wes Hoolahan played for City Reserves in last night's 5-0 win over Southend.