McNamee is worth more, City warned
Norwich City have been told they will not get their hands on Swindon winger Anthony McNamee unless they make a better offer.Manager Paul Lambert was reported to have tried to sign the 26-year-old before the transfer window closed last week.
Norwich City have been told they will not get their hands on Swindon winger Anthony McNamee unless they make a better offer.
Manager Paul Lambert was reported to have tried to sign the 26-year-old before the transfer window closed last week.
But Swindon boss Danny Wilson has warned City that McNamee will not leave the County Ground unless they meet his valuation of the player.
The highly-rated winger joined Swindon from Watford in January 2008 and Wilson is keen to keep him.
You may also want to watch:
He told BBC Wiltshire: “He's not going anywhere, unless Norwich come in with a bid we feel is equal to our valuation.”
Any permanent deal must wait until the window opens again in January, but Lambert's reported interest raises questions over his opinion of the wide players he inherited from former boss Bryan Gunn.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Simon Lappin and Paul McVeigh currently occupy the wide midfield roles in the first team, while Simon Whaley and Wes Hoolahan played for City Reserves in last night's 5-0 win over Southend.