McNamee is worth more, City warned
Norwich City have been told they will not get their hands on Swindon winger Anthony McNamee unless they make a better offer.Manager Paul Lambert was reported to have tried to sign the 26-year-old before the transfer window closed last week.
Norwich City have been told they will not get their hands on Swindon winger Anthony McNamee unless they make a better offer.
Manager Paul Lambert was reported to have tried to sign the 26-year-old before the transfer window closed last week.
But Swindon boss Danny Wilson has warned City that McNamee will not leave the County Ground unless they meet his valuation of the player.
The highly-rated winger joined Swindon from Watford in January 2008 and Wilson is keen to keep him.
You may also want to watch:
He told BBC Wiltshire: “He's not going anywhere, unless Norwich come in with a bid we feel is equal to our valuation.”
Any permanent deal must wait until the window opens again in January, but Lambert's reported interest raises questions over his opinion of the wide players he inherited from former boss Bryan Gunn.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - Pukki and Emi fit
- 3 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Farke's fan plea ahead of Carrow Rd return
- 7 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 8 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
Simon Lappin and Paul McVeigh currently occupy the wide midfield roles in the first team, while Simon Whaley and Wes Hoolahan played for City Reserves in last night's 5-0 win over Southend.