Meek goal inherits the Cup glory
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks on Friday with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row. Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory for Docking in a game that looked destined to go to extra-time.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks on Friday with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory for Docking in a game that looked destined to go to extra-time.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home.
And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action, with Pott Row struggling to make an impression on the game.
You may also want to watch:
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating possession and peppering the Docking goal.
They got their just rewards after 65 minutes, when Pat Grief curled a beautiful left footed free kick into the net from 25 yards.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Only the Pott Row players will know how they didn't go on to win the game, with Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all going agonisingly close to adding a second in the final quarter of an hour.
However, it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick to send Rangers players and fans into raptures.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.
Pott Row: Greville, Rayford, Raspberry, Alliker, Ballard, Hornigold, Seekings, Thompson, Alcott (Wilkin 24), Clarke, Grief. Unused subs: N Stanforth, Barrett, C Stanforth, S Stanforth.