Meek goal inherits the Cup glory
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks on Friday with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row. Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory for Docking in a game that looked destined to go to extra-time.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks on Friday with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory for Docking in a game that looked destined to go to extra-time.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home.
And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action, with Pott Row struggling to make an impression on the game.
You may also want to watch:
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating possession and peppering the Docking goal.
They got their just rewards after 65 minutes, when Pat Grief curled a beautiful left footed free kick into the net from 25 yards.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 6 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
Only the Pott Row players will know how they didn't go on to win the game, with Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all going agonisingly close to adding a second in the final quarter of an hour.
However, it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick to send Rangers players and fans into raptures.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.
Pott Row: Greville, Rayford, Raspberry, Alliker, Ballard, Hornigold, Seekings, Thompson, Alcott (Wilkin 24), Clarke, Grief. Unused subs: N Stanforth, Barrett, C Stanforth, S Stanforth.