Meek goal inherits the Cup glory
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks on Friday with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row. Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory for Docking in a game that looked destined to go to extra-time.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks on Friday with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory for Docking in a game that looked destined to go to extra-time.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home.
And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action, with Pott Row struggling to make an impression on the game.
You may also want to watch:
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating possession and peppering the Docking goal.
They got their just rewards after 65 minutes, when Pat Grief curled a beautiful left footed free kick into the net from 25 yards.
- 1 City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumour: Boro full-back on the radar
- 3 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 4 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 5 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 6 'They want the best for me' - Youngster's debt to City for loan chance
- 7 HAVE YOUR SAY: Where will Norwich City finish in the Premier League next season?
- 8 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 9 Hibs role too good to turn down for ex-City chief
- 10 City will have away fans at Sheffield United
Only the Pott Row players will know how they didn't go on to win the game, with Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all going agonisingly close to adding a second in the final quarter of an hour.
However, it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick to send Rangers players and fans into raptures.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.
Pott Row: Greville, Rayford, Raspberry, Alliker, Ballard, Hornigold, Seekings, Thompson, Alcott (Wilkin 24), Clarke, Grief. Unused subs: N Stanforth, Barrett, C Stanforth, S Stanforth.