ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City earn more Ipswich derby delight
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries earn another derby success over relegation-haunted Ipswich Town.
Onel Hernandez’s opening goal inside the opening two minutes and a second-half brace from Teemu Pukki, made it the perfect East Anglian derby day for Daniel Farke’s men.
That included a first clean sheet in nine games – although came at the price of a nasty-looking ankle injury for Mario Vrancic before the stroke of half-time.
There was also plenty of incident on the bench, as Town boss Paul Lambert was sent off on his latest Carrow Road return.
The victory lifted City back to the top of the Championship table, and now five points clear of third.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Daniel Farke’s Canaries will be a north-west double header.
Another encounter with a former boss takes place at Deepdale on Wednesday (7.45pm), with a trip to Alex Neil’s Preston North End.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 4 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 9 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
Struggling Bolton Wanderers then await City three days’ later (3pm) at the University of Bolton Stadium.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…