ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City earn more Ipswich derby delight
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries earn another derby success over relegation-haunted Ipswich Town.
Onel Hernandez’s opening goal inside the opening two minutes and a second-half brace from Teemu Pukki, made it the perfect East Anglian derby day for Daniel Farke’s men.
That included a first clean sheet in nine games – although came at the price of a nasty-looking ankle injury for Mario Vrancic before the stroke of half-time.
There was also plenty of incident on the bench, as Town boss Paul Lambert was sent off on his latest Carrow Road return.
The victory lifted City back to the top of the Championship table, and now five points clear of third.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Daniel Farke’s Canaries will be a north-west double header.
Another encounter with a former boss takes place at Deepdale on Wednesday (7.45pm), with a trip to Alex Neil’s Preston North End.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
Struggling Bolton Wanderers then await City three days’ later (3pm) at the University of Bolton Stadium.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…