Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Derby and referee after Carrow Road defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fresh from a first EFL Championship defeat since August, Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey dishes out his ratings following the Canaries’ 2-1 loss to Derby County.
The Canaries were denied a first-half penalty after Josh Murphy was hauled down in the box by Rams goalkeeper Scott Carson, before David Nugent gave the visitors the lead on the stroke of half-time.
Timm Klose’s second-half equaliser got City back into the game, only for Winnall to snatch all three points – with Nelson Oliveira seeing his substitute appearance end early through injury.
City headed into the game unbeaten in eight league matches having claimed the derby spoils with a 1-0 win at Ipswich on Sunday, before playing more than 120 minutes in their Carabao Cup fourth-round extra-time exit at Arsenal on Tuesday.
The Rams were on their own five-game unbeaten run, including a 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest in the Midlands derby last time out.
You may also want to watch:
City follow up Saturday’s defeat with another home game, against high-flying Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday (7.45pm) before they head into the final international break of the year with a trip to struggling Bolton on Saturday (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 7 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track