ANALYSIS: Michael Bailey video verdict – among the celebrations as Norwich City claim the title
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis from the celebrations, as the Canaries claim the Championship in style with victory at Aston Villa.
Fresh from scoring the goal that won promotion, Mario Vrancic’s 86th minute strike on the counter also secured the title and a 2-1 win at a Villa side previously unbeaten in 12 games.
Jonathan Kodjia had cancelled out Teemu Pukki’s early opener in the first half, but the Finn’s strike ensured his 29-goal haul earned the Championship golden boot.
Ultimately, the Canaries finished 11 points clear of Leeds in third place.
Aston Villa had already booked fifth spot in the table and could not move their position on the final day, meaning the play-offs loom now the regular season is over.
You may also want to watch:
City return to Norwich in time for Bank Holiday Monday’s civic reception, promotion and title parade through the city, starting at 9am – ahead of Carrow Road’s celebration game in honour of Wesley Hoolahan and Russell Martin (3pm).
The Premier League fixtures are unveiled on Thursday, June 13 at 9am.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 9 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…