ANALYSIS: Michael Bailey video verdict – Norwich City’s 8, rampant and red v QPR
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries make it eight straight at the Championship summit against QPR.
Teemu Pukki’s double took him to 26 Championship goals this season, as Daniel Farke’s Canaries ran riot in the first half against managerless Queens Park Rangers.
Marco Stiepermann and Emi Buendia were also on the score sheet, with City’s little Argentine forward bagging a pair of assists in the leaders’ eighth-successive league victory.
However, Buendia’s straight red card for serious foul play in the second half and forthcoming three-game ban, meant it wasn’t quite the perfect weekend Norwich were hoping for.
City are back at Carrow Road on Wednesday when improving Reading visit – albeit without their on-loan Canaries striker Nelson Oliveira (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
Following that, City will take 5,000 supporters to Wigan on Sunday (12pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 8 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 9 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…