ANALYSIS: Michael Bailey video verdict – Norwich City pegged back by Royals drama
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries endure a roller coaster of emotions in Reading draw.
Despite dominating the game, it was Yakou Meite’s first-half strike that had Jose Gomes’ Royals in pole position until four minutes from time.
That was when City’s centre-backs took charge – Ben Godfrey rifling home a wonderful strike before Christoph Zimmermann rose highest to head City into an 88th minute lead.
But for once, Norwich were sucker-punched as Andy Rinomhota’s deft strike in the 97th minute ensured the relegation-threatened visitors left Carrow Road with a point.
City head out on the road on Sunday backed by 5,000 supporters for their lunchtime trip to Wigan (12pm).
You may also want to watch:
After that it’s an Easter double with Good Friday’s visit from Steve Bruce’s in-form Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm), before a bank holiday Monday date at Stoke (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…