ANALYSIS: Michael Bailey video verdict – Norwich City pegged back by Royals drama
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries endure a roller coaster of emotions in Reading draw.
Despite dominating the game, it was Yakou Meite’s first-half strike that had Jose Gomes’ Royals in pole position until four minutes from time.
That was when City’s centre-backs took charge – Ben Godfrey rifling home a wonderful strike before Christoph Zimmermann rose highest to head City into an 88th minute lead.
But for once, Norwich were sucker-punched as Andy Rinomhota’s deft strike in the 97th minute ensured the relegation-threatened visitors left Carrow Road with a point.
City head out on the road on Sunday backed by 5,000 supporters for their lunchtime trip to Wigan (12pm).
You may also want to watch:
After that it’s an Easter double with Good Friday’s visit from Steve Bruce’s in-form Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm), before a bank holiday Monday date at Stoke (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…