ANALYSIS: Michael Bailey video verdict – Norwich City scavenge a Wigan point
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries preserve their unbeaten run – but do it the hard way at Wigan Athletic.
Reece James’ penalty on the stroke of half-time underlined the Canaries’ difficult opening half in front of 5,300 travelling supporters, giving the hosts the lead thanks to a harsh decision against Ben Godfrey.
But City made it 10 games unbeaten thanks to Teemu Pukki’s 27th Championship goal of the campaign just nine minutes from time – and after Tim Krull had pulled off an excellent save from Leon Clarke.
Clarke also had a late header chalked off for offside, while City had their own opportunities to win it.
But ultimately City could take the point, that leaves them six points from securing automatic promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is an Easter double with Good Friday’s visit from Steve Bruce’s in-form Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm), before a bank holiday Monday date at Stoke (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 2 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
- 3 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 6 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 7 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 8 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…