ANALYSIS: Michael Bailey video verdict – Norwich City scavenge a Wigan point
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries preserve their unbeaten run – but do it the hard way at Wigan Athletic.
Reece James’ penalty on the stroke of half-time underlined the Canaries’ difficult opening half in front of 5,300 travelling supporters, giving the hosts the lead thanks to a harsh decision against Ben Godfrey.
But City made it 10 games unbeaten thanks to Teemu Pukki’s 27th Championship goal of the campaign just nine minutes from time – and after Tim Krull had pulled off an excellent save from Leon Clarke.
Clarke also had a late header chalked off for offside, while City had their own opportunities to win it.
But ultimately City could take the point, that leaves them six points from securing automatic promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is an Easter double with Good Friday’s visit from Steve Bruce’s in-form Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm), before a bank holiday Monday date at Stoke (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 6 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 9 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…