Position: Central defender
Born: Gateshead (Mar 23, 1980)
Height: 6ft, 2in.
Weight: 12st, 1lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2009
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries after Blackburn midfielder
- 4 'That's changed the narrative' - City fans react to news of investment talks
- 5 Norwich City and investment - it's not always been good
- 6 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 7 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 8 City more together than some think - Webber
- 9 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
Signed from: Hartlepool United, Bosman free transfer
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Col Utd H (Aug 8, 2009)
Former clubs: Bishop Auckland, Bury, Hartlepool United
Bury (01-03): 80 starts, plus 3 as sub, 16 goals.
Hartlepool (03-09): 302 starts, plus 4 as sub, 8 goals.
Total: 382 starts, plus 7 as sub, 24 goals.
Central defender Michael Nelson became the club's third summer signing after agreeing to join City from Hartlepool United on a two-year contract. He cut short his honeymoon to sign for the Canaries.
A no-nonsense defender, Michael was strongly recommended to the club by assistant manager Ian Butterworth who worked with Michael during his time on the coaching staff at Hartletpool.
During his six-year spell at Victoria Park the 29-year-old forged an excellent reputation on the League One circuit and Norwich had to overcome competition from other League One and Championship clubs to secure his services. Nelson has captained both Hartlepool and his former club Bury and his leadership qualities will be vital.