Who starts in central defence for City at Middlesbrough?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has some big calls to make ahead of his side’s Championship clash at Middlesbrough this weekend.
The biggest could be who lines up at the heart of his back four.
The German will perm two from three very good options – Ben Gibson, Grant Hanley and Christoph Zimmermann.
All have had their fitness issues but they are all expected to be available although Farke will give an update at his weekly press conference on Friday.
Zimmermann and Hanley helped shut out Swansea last time out in a 1-0 win for the Canaries. Gibson was left out as a precaution that day due suffering some tightness in his back.
You may also want to watch:
The Hanley/Gibson partnership had become one of the bedrocks of Norwich’s recent impressive form before the former Boro man’s slight niggle.
However, Grant Hanley was forced to pull out of the Scotland squad after the Swansea win due to a slight hamstring strain, which sounded more precautionary than anything long-term. However, should the former Newcastle man not be 100% fit then Zimmermann will be very high up in Farke’s thoughts.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
So a tough call is coming Farke’s way – three big leaders of the Norwich dressing room who will all they think deserve to start.
Who would be your two at the Riverside on Saturday? Vote in our poll