Mifsud looks Bristol bound
Michael Bailey Norwich City's hopes of signing Coventry City striker Michael Mifsud look to be fading after Bristol City had a bid accepted for the Maltese international.
Norwich City's hopes of signing Coventry City striker Michael Mifsud look to be fading after Bristol City had a bid accepted for the Maltese international.
Canaries' boss Glenn Roeder spoke highly of the 27-year-old after his side's 3-0 win against Falkenbergs FF on Tuesday night, in the final game of City's pre-season tour to Sweden.
But Sky Blues chairman Ray Ranson confirmed today that Championship rivals Bristol City have met Coventry's asking price for Mifsud, who will now open talks with the Robins.
You may also want to watch:
“Michael has indicated to the manager that he is not happy at the club and is in the process of handing in a written transfer request, so we have to accept that he will move on,” said Ranson.
“Bristol City have come in with an offer that we believe is acceptable for a striker who scored 17 goals last season and we have given them permission to speak to Michael and his representatives.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
No indication has been given of the amount of the bid, but it is thought Coventry are looking to secure at least £1.5m for the player.