Mildenhall boss praises battlers
Ilkeston 4, Mildenhall 1: Mildenhall manager Simon Charlton was full of praise for his Ridgeons League players after being knocked out of the FA Cup by higher league Ilkeston.
Ilkeston 4, Mildenhall 1
Mildenhall manager Simon Charlton was full of praise for his Ridgeons League players after being knocked out of the FA Cup by Blue Square North team Ilkeston.
"The lads didn't embarrass themselves at all, they gave everything they'd got and should be proud of themselves," he said. "The score isn't a fair reflection - it was a closer game than that but I won't deny they were the better team. They took their chances. In the second half they were more professional mentally and got through. They play about three leagues higher than us and
have a budget about six times bigger," he laughed.
"John Sands crashed a shot onto
the inside of a post after
- 1 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 2 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 3 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 4 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 5 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 6 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 7 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 8 City more together than some think - Webber
- 9 City keeper recalled to Wales U21 squad after successful cancer treatment
- 10 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
20 minutes. If it had gone in it might have changed the game a little bit. It was 2-0 when Chris Barrett went one on one with the keeper and slotted in.
"It was a great day out and a great learning curve. Some of the players had never played a team of that level. It's something to take on board and move onwards on."