Mildenhall boss praises battlers
Ilkeston 4, Mildenhall 1: Mildenhall manager Simon Charlton was full of praise for his Ridgeons League players after being knocked out of the FA Cup by higher league Ilkeston.
Ilkeston 4, Mildenhall 1
Mildenhall manager Simon Charlton was full of praise for his Ridgeons League players after being knocked out of the FA Cup by Blue Square North team Ilkeston.
"The lads didn't embarrass themselves at all, they gave everything they'd got and should be proud of themselves," he said. "The score isn't a fair reflection - it was a closer game than that but I won't deny they were the better team. They took their chances. In the second half they were more professional mentally and got through. They play about three leagues higher than us and
have a budget about six times bigger," he laughed.
You may also want to watch:
"John Sands crashed a shot onto
the inside of a post after
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
20 minutes. If it had gone in it might have changed the game a little bit. It was 2-0 when Chris Barrett went one on one with the keeper and slotted in.
"It was a great day out and a great learning curve. Some of the players had never played a team of that level. It's something to take on board and move onwards on."