Mildenhall boss praises battlers
Ilkeston 4, Mildenhall 1: Mildenhall manager Simon Charlton was full of praise for his Ridgeons League players after being knocked out of the FA Cup by higher league Ilkeston.
Ilkeston 4, Mildenhall 1
Mildenhall manager Simon Charlton was full of praise for his Ridgeons League players after being knocked out of the FA Cup by Blue Square North team Ilkeston.
"The lads didn't embarrass themselves at all, they gave everything they'd got and should be proud of themselves," he said. "The score isn't a fair reflection - it was a closer game than that but I won't deny they were the better team. They took their chances. In the second half they were more professional mentally and got through. They play about three leagues higher than us and
have a budget about six times bigger," he laughed.
You may also want to watch:
"John Sands crashed a shot onto
the inside of a post after
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
20 minutes. If it had gone in it might have changed the game a little bit. It was 2-0 when Chris Barrett went one on one with the keeper and slotted in.
"It was a great day out and a great learning curve. Some of the players had never played a team of that level. It's something to take on board and move onwards on."