‘Really starting to believe’ – Canaries fans thrilled with character shown during win at Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Winning 3-1 at a battling Millwall has Norwich City fans dreaming of the Premier League, after seeing their team move into a fine position in the Championship table.
Goals from Marco Stiepermann, Christoph Zimmermann and Teemu Pukki secured an important 3-1 victory at The Den, moving the Canaries back to the top of the table and avenging the 4-0 defeat at Millwall during the early stages of Daniel Farke’s reign.
It was a valuable third consecutive win, moving City two points clear of Leeds at the top, who secured an impressive 4-0 home win over West Brom on Friday night to temporarily go top.
City’s victory in south London moved them nine points clear of the fourth-placed Baggies with 11 games remaining though, as well as 18 clear of seventh-placed Derby – who were thrashed 4-0 at Aston Villa today.
That leaves Farke’s title challengers well on course for a play-off place ahead of two successive home matches against mid-table sides, against Swansea on Friday and Hull the following Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 7 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season