Millwall 4 Norwich City 0 reaction: Daniel Farke’s verdict
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke admitted he was ashamed of Norwich City’s dire 4-0 Championship defeat against Millwall.
The Lions cruised to their first league win since promotion from League One in another painful outing for the new German head coach.
“Yes the players are embarrassed. They feel a little ashamed. I feel ashamed,” he said. “We are all really annoyed and disappointed and feel ashamed for this result. We had this defensive behaviour in the final row. That was the reason for the result.
“Did I see that result? Not beforehand. During the game. When you are 2-0 down after some early minutes you know it will be hard to turn the game. In general, I think our defence behaviour in the last row in the first half was horrible. The hardest thing was that we had some really poor and easy mistakes.
“We spoke about Millwall and the long balls. It is about winning the header and the right person has to go and win the header. We spoke about this topic, we were prepared and so it is disappointing these topics determine the outcome. That is really concerning.
You may also want to watch:
“After a loss, especially such a result, you learn the most as a manager. That is clear. I didn’t expect we were so poor in our defence behaviour. Okay, you can say if that is a surprise or not but it is more I have to work at it. The number of conceded goals, 12 from five. It is not so possible to win games with that average.”
• Follow all the post-match reaction and analysis in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest